Read the explanation and speak out the word
Get up 6:30 Half past…
Have breakfast 7:00 Seven o’clock …
Go to school 7:15 A quarter past… Arrive at school 7:45 A quarter to…
8:05 five past eight 4:53 seven to five 9:25 twenty-five past nine 1:30 half past one 2:45 a quarter to three 5:17 seventeen past five 11:10 ten past eleven 12:40 twenty to one 10:15 a quarter past ten
What does grandma usually do in the afternoon?
She usually reads newspaper in the afternoon.
What's she doing this afternoon?
She's watching TV this afternoon.
What does he usually do at ten past ten?
He usually shaves at ten past ten.
How about today? But today he is shaving at 12 o'clock.
What does the penguin usually do in the morning?
It usually swims in the morming.
What's it doing this morming? It is playing football this morming.
When do they usually do their homework?
They usually do their homework at 8 o'clock. What about tonight?
Tonight,they are doing their homework at one o'clock.
They/He/She usually…(do/does) but today, they/he/she are/is (doing)
Four students as a group: Ask your partner: What does he/she usually do in the
morning/at night? What is he/she doing this morning/afternoon/tonight? The group leader should ask and write down, and try to
report like this A usually does homework in the morning but this morning
he is ....
Open your book and finish Part B on Page 116.
? Let's listen to the tape and repeat! ? finish Part A on Page 116.
? Let's practice!
1. Who __C___ over there now?
A. singing B. are sing C. is singing D. sing
2. It’s eight o’clock. The students __D___ an
English class. A. have B. having C. is having D. are having
3. Listen! The baby __C___ in the next room.
A. crying B. cried C. is crying D. cries
4. Look! The twins __A___ new sweaters.
A. are wearing B. wearing C. are wear D. is wearing
5. Don’t talk here. Grandparents ___B__.
A. is sleeping B. are sleeping C. sleeping D. sleep
6. Tom is a worker. He ___B__ in a factory. His
sisters _____ in a hospital. A. work/ work B. works/ work
B. C. work/ works
7. Who ___B__ English best in your class?
A. speak B. speaks C. speaking
8. Mrs. Read __C___ the windows every day.
A. is cleaning B. clean C. cleans
9. We ___A__ music and often _____ to music.
A. like/ listen B. likes/ listens C. like/ are listening
10. She __B___ up at six in the morning.
A. get B. gets C. getting
11. On Sunday he sometimes __C___ his clothes
and sometimes _____ some shopping. A. wash/ do B. is washing/ is doing C.
12. The twins usually __B___ milk and bread for
breakfast, but Jim _____ some coffee for it. A. have/ have B. have/ has C. has/ have
1. My father always _c__o_m__e_s___(come) back from work
2. The teacher is busy. He ___s_le_e__p_s__ (sleep) six hours a
3. Listen! Joan ___is__s_i_n_g__in(sging) in the classroom. She often ______s_i_n_g_s(sing) there.
4. ___D__o_e_s___ your brother ____k_n_o__w__(know) Japanese? 5. Where ___d_o______ you ____h__a_v_e__ (have) lunch every
6. The girl ____l_ik__e_s__(like) wearing a skirt. Look! She _i_s_w__e_a__r_i_n_g___(wear) a red skirt today.
? 难点：一般现在时与现在进行时的区别 ? 一般现在时强调经常性，习惯性的动作。 ? 现在进行时则强调正在进行的动作或存在的状态。 ? 注意:带有实义动词的一般现在时在变问句时一定要借助
于助动词： ? do/does
An unusual day
Look at the pictures and say something
It is ... The children, be going to shcool, foot,
It is ... Mrs. Sawyer, be going to shops,
It is ... Mrs Sawyer, be drink
tea,in the garden,
It is ... The children, be, play balls, in the garden,
It is ... Mrs Sawyer, read an
Listen and answer this question!
1. What is Mr. Sawyer doing tonight? He is reading an interesting book tonight.
Listen and answer more questions!
Reading Comprehension I
1. How do the children usually go to school? But today…
2. They usually go to school by car, but today they are going to school on foot.
3. What does Mrs. Sawyer usually do in the morning? But today…
4. She usually stays at home in the morning, but this morning she is going to the shops.
5. Where does Mrs. Sawyer usually drink her tea? But today… She usually drinks her tea in the living room, but today she is drinking her tea in the garden. 6. What are the children doing at the moment? They are playing in the gardeng at the moment. 7. What do the children usually do at 6’o clock in the evening? They usually do their homework at 6’o clock in the evening. 8.. What does Mrs Sawyer usually do at night? He usually reads his newspaper at night.
Talk about your family's unusual day!
There are three people in my family. My father is a doctor. He is 37. My mother is 35 and she is a housewife.
? In the morning, I often go to school on foot.But today I'm going to school by bus. And my father often goes to work by car, but this morning he goes to work by taxi.His car is in the garage.My mother usually stays at home every afternoon.But
After the class
Think about what we’ve just learnt in today’s class. It’s a time of silence in a class.
Study without reflection is a waste of time.
1. Exercise P116 B part 2. Exercise Book L57-58 3. Write down your family unusual day!